We are currently recruiting for Semi-Skilled Laborers for a bridge repair project. Laborers perform various manual tasks in the repair and protection of structures and related work in an efficient, productive, and quality-oriented manner. This position requires proficiency and minimal supervision in the performance of the duties of a semi-skilled laborer, and in addition requires knowledge of other higher skilled tasks. Laborers will perform related tasks which will involve heavy physical labor in all kinds of weather and terrains.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unload tools, prepare building site materials, stack building materials, and set up equipment
- Follow project instructions from construction manager or supervisor
- Consult with construction plans
- Direct traffic safely around the construction or road maintenance site
- Use construction and maintenance tools and equipment to complete daily tasks
- Follow all health and safety regulations when operating equipment
- Ensure regulated and proper headgear, ear plugs, gloves, safety glasses and clothing are worn
- Complete all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist in building scaffolding and temporary structures
- Safely operate a variety of tools including pressure washers, jackhammers, drills, saws, grinders, and blowtorches
- Prepare new construction sites by digging, moving dirt, or compacting space
- Provide assistance to contractors (i.e. craft workers, electricians, painters) as needed
- Clean and clear debris and hazardous materials
- Ensure construction equipment and tools are cleaned and stored properly
Skills and Job Knowledge Level:
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be comfortable climbing up tall ladders, working at elevated levels.
- Positive attitude and work ethic.
- Able to work independently or as an active member of a team.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management.
- Working knowledge of safety standards common to the construction industry.
- Working knowledge of the methods, materials and tools used in the construction industry.
- Skill in operation of tools and equipment
- Ability to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions
- High school degree or equivalent educational experience; vocational school or trade apprenticeships a plus.
Freyssinet, Inc. is proud to offer
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and life insurance programs
- Group 401k savings plan 1oo% vested from day one, with company match after one year of service
- Paid Leave to include PTO, employee’s birthday, and holidays
About Freyssinet Inc.
Freyssinet, Inc. has been at the forefront of providing specialized civil engineering technology, material supply and installation for projects large and small in the United States for over 20 years.
Originally a specialist in post-tensioning, Freyssinet, Inc. has successfully expanded its portfolio of products and services into stay cables, structural cables, bearings, joints seismic devices, repair, protection and strengthening of structures. We specialize in diagnostic survey, repair, refurbishment, bridge bearings and cathodic protection of reinforced concrete in the building, civil and marine sectors.
Freyssinet, Inc. operates as General Contractor, Specialty Subcontractor and Supplier throughout the United States. Clients include major and specialist contractors, state DOT's, Local Authorities, and developers. Our offices are located in Sterling, VA and Seattle, WA.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to apply today! Please complete your online application by clicking on the link below. Thank you for your interest Freyssinet, Inc.
Freyssinet Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women/Minorities/and Vets are encouraged to apply