Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 2 Years
Minimum Years of Education Required: High School/GED
Willing to Travel
Must be Authorized to Work in the US
Rate of pay: $17/hr - $22/hr - Based on experience
Interstate Sealant and Concrete, Inc., is a specialty construction contractor that provides services to maintain, repair, replace, and enhance existing concrete and asphalt pavement in the Unites States for Public and Private entities. Interstate strives to maintain the highest level of Quality with a priority on safety; fair and competitive pricing; and timely contract completion to meet the needs of the Customer. Interstate is committed to:
- Always treating our Customers, Suppliers, Employees, Subcontractors, and Associates as we wish to be treated;
- By being world-class in Customer satisfaction and quality and being recognized as such by the Industry;
- Making safety an overriding obligation in all of our operations;
- Maintaining the financial strength of the Company;
- Ensuring that the Company’s endeavors result in Customer satisfaction and repeat business; and
- Being a good citizen in the community we serve.
Diagnoses mechanical problems, repairs and rebuilds equipment and a fleet of medium sized trucks and trailers; checks and schedules work with ISC supervisors; orders parts as needed up to $500 get approval for higher cost items; welds, sandblasts and paints equipment. Assist supervisors and foreman; work as a team to have the most successful outcome of a roadway or airport project.
- Repeatedly stand, walk and sit, climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; crawl; talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, bend body downward and forward, bending at the knees, and lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to work long hours and may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions, fumes, airborne particles, or noxious chemicals, and is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. Working conditions is usually moderate to loud.
- May be at risk of electrical shock and exposed to vibration.
- Must be able to rotate from tasks including driving with trailer to lifting boxes, working with sealing equipment, small machinery, flagging, concrete repair including occasional jackhammer usage.
- Must be able to understand and follow directions and work as a team for the good of the project.
- Must be able to maintain and fill out fleet reports for vehicles and report any maintenance issues/cleaning of vehicle.
- Must be able to accurately complete a DOT log book on a daily basis and understand the importance of the DOT Rules and Regulations for safe equipment and truck operations on Federal Highways.
- Able to properly use tools and equipment.
- Ability to wear active personal protective equipment.
- Ability to complete physical qualifications to maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Minimum Qualifications, Certifications, Licensures
- Required to maintain valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to travel out of state on a frequent basis for weeks at a time in some cases.
- Must pass the pre-employment physical.
- Must be drug free and be able to pass the pre-employment drug/alcohol test, and random tests.
- Must possess or obtain within 120 days of employment a CDL Class A driver's license with tractor trailer and air brake endorsement. We are willing to help train and help obtain a CDL. Candidates with experience pulling and backing trailers is a plus.
- Certified as a Master Automobile Technician through the National Institute for Auto Service Excellence (ASE) or comparable certification is preferred but not required
Essential Functions include the following:
- Diagnoses mechanical problems; repairs and rebuilds all aspects of gas and diesel engines, saws, small engines and over the road commercial vehicles.
- Diagnoses problems and repairs routers, concrete saws, riding saws, tar kettles etc., (experience with these items is preferred but not necessary and much of this can be taught on the job).
- Diagnoses problems and repairs brakes, transmissions, rear-ends, clutches, hydraulic systems, valves, pumps and electrical problems.
- Performs tune-ups on vehicles routinely as needed.
- Welds equipment as needed.
- Sand blasts, paints and repairs body of equipment as needed.
- Prepares shop work orders on equipment repair.
- Orders parts as needed to maintain stock; picks up parts.
- Checks and schedules work with job supervisors , foreman and upper management.
- Makes service calls as needed (throughout the United States).
- Cleans shop area, tools (housekeeping is a must).
- Maintain safety standards set by D.O.T., OSHA and ISC safety policies.
- Attend and participate in safety meetings and supervisory meetings as required.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Candidate will have a company issued cell phone and must be available 24 hours a day for periodic issues that occur during night time working hours on some jobs.
- Excellent Communication skills are needed. Team spirit and a willingness to work with others is a MUST.
- Employee to be based out of the East Lansing, Michigan shop but will be required to travel and work on jobsites as needed and must be willing to travel an work at other satellite shops as needed.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Beneift
- Disability Insurance
- Vision Insurance
As a nation-wide company, our employees need to be able to:
- communicate clearly and with respect
- work well with others
- be trustworthy to get a job done
- be on time
In return, we treat our employees the same way. As a merit-based shop, we pay attention to work done, effort given, and attitude presented. Our employees are well-trained, respectfully managed, and always treated as part of the success.
We're a small company with big dreams. If you'd like to help us make those dreams a reality and join our family along the way, please click the Apply!!